Random Photographs from GTP

Monday, February 22, 2010

More New Work...

Here's a couple of other new images I'm working on. The basketball goal is the beginning of what I imagine will be a series of goals from all over the place. I've already made a couple of other images and have a few more in mind when I get the chance to go make the photos. In the end I imagine it will be presented in a sort of collage format, but at the same time I'm pretty happy with this one as a stand alone image. I think it says a lot that the grass has overgrown the court and the building in the background is also in bad repair. It's like a "better days" or "times gone by" kind of photo. Nostalgic at least.

The other image I've got here is the old rotary phone dial. I've incorporated another layer to the image that is a very close image I of a Gulf heating oil logo I found on an old truck in Lavonia, GA. There's no real significance to the layering, I just like the way the two images work together graphically. As for the process, these two images were actually layered together the old fashioned way. I
placed the two images on top of each other and scanned the chrome film (slide film) through both images at once. The result i think is one interesting image from two not so interesting ones. I'll be printing it at 30" x 30" for the gallery edition, I think that size will make for a very striking graphic image.

Please feel free to leave any comments and critique, I've got pretty thick skin.

No comments: