Random Photographs from GTP

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Some more new work!

Here's some new work, in fact it's a new idea for a photo that I made in the late nineties. I have had this image in my mind tumbling around for so many years because I really wasn't sure what to do with it. I knew when I shot it on slightly expired film that the color would be off a little bit but that never bothered me so much. What I was having trouble with was how to take an image with such a vintage look and present it in a way that looked authentic but not contrived. A delicate line to say the least. Then just a couple of days ago I had this idea of using an old photograph's decorative edge around the image. Now I think the image feels resolved. I'm so happy with it in fact that I'm considering making a whole series of images in the same vein. Not the same edge exactly or even the same time period but the same general idea. I will post more as they come together. In the mean time I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments: