Random Photographs from GTP

Monday, April 26, 2010

Magic City Art Connection/ Spider Martin Award!

Just got back late last night from the Magic City Art Connection in Birmingham, AL! We had a fantastic show there, the people were interested, talking about art, talking with artists, and most importantly for the future of independent artists everywhere, buying art! I was very honored to receive the Spider Martin Award for Photography from juror Dan Tague! The weather was a little crazy on Saturday (potential tornadoes) so the closed the show entirely. Not being one to tempt fate I took everything down Friday night, packed it in the car and drove home. Then on Sunday morning at 4 AM I drove back to Birmingham, set the whole thing up again and enjoyed another beautiful day! As I said it turned out to be a great show in spite of the absence of a Saturday. With the award comes an invitation back for next year so I'm already looking forward to going back to Alabama!

No comments: